Call Now for a Consultation: 212-897-5840

Rent Overcharge – New York City

Many tenants have no idea that their apartment is rent-stabilized and that their landlord is illegally overcharging them.

If you live in an older (pre-1970s) building with six or more units, we strongly advise you to obtain a copy of your rent registration history from the DHCR.  You can visit their office in person or call them to receive a history in the mail.  Our office can review this document and evaluate whether there are any suspicious-looking rent increases, missing rent registrations, or other information which could mean that you are entitled to a lower rent.

If a landlord has overcharged you, you may be entitled to recover triple the overcharge amount.